Thank you to Haley, from our culinary team, for this winner of a chicken dinner you’ve got in front of you here. She dug deep into her food nostalgia files, recalling the days of her mom chauffeuring her and sisters from activity to activity in the good ol’ minivan. On these nights, a certain well-known “local” roasted chicken joint was a fave go-to mealtime stop.
And while the memory of these meals will always hold a special place, we couldn’t resist the temptation to give it a WECO-fied revamp. We brined your herb-roasted chicken, to keep it extra juicy. Your classic mac received a crunchy upgrade thanks to garlic panko breadcrumbs, and your creamed spinach was made even dreamier with the addition of garlic and Parm. Who can resist a makeover, especially when it’s this tasty?
What’s in your bag:
- Brined + herb-roasted half chicken
- Cheddar mac + cheese with garlic panko
- Garlic + Parm creamed spinach
What you’ll need from home:
- Aluminum foil lined sheet tray + extra foil
- Small saucepan
Total prep time: 25-30 minutes
The Chicken and Mac + Cheese
- Preheat your oven to 375F.
- Remove the lid to your mac + cheese and cover it tightly with foil. Set it on one side of your foil-lined sheet tray and pop the whole thing in the oven for 15 minutes.
- Carefully remove your tray from the oven, and remove the foil lid from the mac.
- Place the chicken on the other side of the foil-lined tray and back into the oven it all goes for another 12-15 minutes!
- When the chicken is warmed through and the mac is golden brown + bubbly, it’s ready to go!
The Creamed Spinach
- Add your creamed spinach to a small saucepan over medium-low heat.
- Heat for 5 to 10 minutes (or until warmed to your liking), stirring frequently.
- Taste for seasoning, and add a lil’ S+P if you want!
Let’s keep the plating as simple as the heating: Arrange it all on a plate, scarf it all up!
That’s it! #Dinnersolved, dinner served.
Show us how you WECO!