Did you wear ‘em? Your stretchy pants? Well you’re gonna need ‘em, cause pulled pork is on the menu tonight and you’ve got some chowing to do 😉 We braised the pulled pork with cumin, paprika and apple cider vinegar, then deglazed the pan (adding liquid so all the flavorful stuff at the bottom gets reincorporated!) with bourbon. Don’t worry, the alcohol cooks off! Then we added the rest of the BBQ sauce ingredients, did a little mix-mixy, and prepped and packaged it for you to enjoy. The beauty of it all… is that tonight, all you gotta do is toss it in the oven! We love cooking for you, peeps! Enjoy 🙂
What’s in your bag:
- Cider-braised pulled pork
- WECO bourbon BBQ sauce
- Cabot cheddar mac + cheese with crispy bacon + garlic panko
- Shaved cabbage + vegetable slaw
- Sweet chili aioli
- Cream cheese cornbread
What you’ll need from home:
- Sheet tray with aluminum foil
- Saute pan
- Casserole dish
Total prep time: 20 minutes
The Pulled Pork & Mac + Cheese
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees. Drizzle a little olive oil on one side of a foil lined sheet tray.
- Toss the pork on the oiled side of the tray and arrange evenly. Place your pan of mac + cheese on the other end.
- Cook for 10 minutes and carefully pull the tray out of the oven. Drizzle some of your WECO bourbon BBQ sauce on the pork, and maneuver it around with a fork to ensure even heating!
- Toss back in the oven for 8-10 more minutes. Take it all out when the pulled pork is warmed through and the mac is nice and toasty! (If you like a crispier top on your mac, we recommend popping it under the broiler for another minute or two.)
- Pour the slaw in a bowl, add the aioli to your liking, (stay light to start, you don’t wanna overdo it) and mix it up!
- Heat a saute pan over medium heat and toast the corn bread until it reaches a golden brown color.
That’s it! Dinner solved, dinner served. #weareWECO