Did you wear ‘em? Your stretchy pants? Well you’re gonna need ‘em, ‘cause pulled pork is on the menu tonight and you’ve got some chowing to do 😉 We braised the pulled pork with cumin, paprika and apple cider vinegar, then deglazed the pan (adding liquid so all the flavorful stuff at the bottom gets reincorporated!) with bourbon. Don’t worry, the alcohol cooks off! Then we added the rest of the BBQ sauce ingredients, did a little mix-mixy, and prepped and packaged it for you to enjoy. The beauty of it all… is that tonight, all you gotta do is toss it in the oven! We love cooking for you, peeps! Enjoy 🙂
What’s in your bag:
- Cider-braised pulled pork
- WECO bourbon BBQ sauce
- Cheddar mac + cheese with crispy bacon
- Garlic panko
- Shaved cabbage + vegetable slaw
- Sweet chili aioli
- Cream cheese cornbread
What you’ll need from home:
- Aluminum foil lined sheet tray + extra foil
- Small saucepan
Total prep time: 15-20 minutes
The Pulled Pork
- Preheat your oven to 375F, and line a sheet tray with foil.
- Add the pork to the sheet tray and cook for 10 minutes.
- Carefully pull the tray out of the oven. Drizzle some of your WECO bourbon BBQ sauce on the pork, and maneuver it around with a fork to ensure even heating!
- Toss your tray back in the oven for 8-10 more minutes. Take it all out when the pulled pork is warmed to your liking!
- Wrap your cornbread in aluminum foil and pop it in the oven alongside the pulled pork until it is warmed through, about 10 minutes.
Mac + Cheese
- While the pulled pork is heating up, empty your mac + cheese into a small saucepan over low heat.
- Add a splash of water and stir frequently for 5-7 minutes, until the mac + cheese is hot and has reached your desired level of gooeyness.
- Taste and season with salt and pepper as needed. Top with your garlic panko.
- Pour the slaw in a bowl, add the aioli to your liking (stay light to start, you don’t wanna overdo it) and mix it up!