Last Updated: February 15, 2022
Information We Collect
- Contact Information; such as your name, email address, phone number, and physical address, for example to provide you our menu, deliver orders and provide gift cards etc.;
- Account information; such as usernames and passwords;
- Payment information; such as your credit card number, CVV code and expiration date for payment processing;
- Order information; such as pick-up and destination addresses and order notes;
- Demographic Information; such as your gender, age and date of birth, for example, to tailor our Services to you, for age verification and to make our communications to you more relevant;
- Your friend’s or another recipient’s contact information when you provide it to us, for example to participate in a promotion or for us to deliver meals or gift cards, and
- Other information such as any food preferences, dietary restrictions and reviews related to our Services.
Information We Collect Automatically
As is true of most websites and applications, WECO’s website and applications may collect certain information automatically through your interaction with our Services. This information may include, but is not limited to:
- Device information (such as mobile phone, computer, or tablet) and how you interact with our products, services, apps and websites, such as IP address, browser type, unique device identifier, cookie data, and associated identifying and usage information.
- Browser type, operating system and other usage information about the use of WECO’s website and applications, including a history of which pages within WECO’s website you view.
- Location information (with varying degrees of accuracy): We may determine the approximate location of your device from your IP address. We collect and use this information to, for example, calculate how many people visit our Services from certain geographic regions. We may also collect information about your precise geolocation if you allow us access to your location through your device permissions, to provide our Services to you.
Aggregate and Deidentified Information
Cookies and Other Technologies
- STRICTLY NECESSARY COOKIES. These are essential to enable you to move around the Website and use its features. Without these cookies, the Service you have requested cannot be provided.
- PERFORMANCE COOKIES. These cookies improve how our Website works. They collect information about how users use our Website (e.g., which pages users visit most often, and if users get error messages from web pages).
- FUNCTIONALITY COOKIES. These cookies allow us to remember what choices you make (e.g., your username, language or the region you are in) to provide enhanced, more personal features. The information these cookies collect may be anonymized.
- ADVERTISING AND MARKETING COOKIES. These cookies are used to: send you advertising and marketing-related material tailored to you and your interests, limit the number of times you see an advertisement, and help measure advertising campaigns’ effectiveness. These cookies are usually placed by advertising networks with the website operator’s permission. These cookies remember that you have visited a website and this information is shared with other organizations like advertisers. The “interest-based” or “personalized” advertising powered in part by these cookies is usually more relevant to you, but it also generally involves the collection and use of more information about you and your browsing history. There are easy ways to opt out of most or all interest-based or personalized advertising: we describe how to do that in the “How Can I Control Cookies” section below.
How Can I Control Cookies?
You have the right to decide whether to accept or reject cookies. If you choose to set your web browser controls to reject cookies, you may still use our website though your access to some functionality and areas of our website may be restricted.
Certain features of the Service depend on cookies. Please be aware that if you choose to block cookies, you may not be able to sign in or use those features, and preferences that are dependent on cookies may be lost.
Google Analytics (More information) Our Platform uses Google Analytics, an internet analytics service provided by Google, Inc. (“Google“). Google’s cookies allow us analyze use of the Platform by telling us which pages our users are viewing, which ones are most popular, what time of day our Platform are visited, if users have previously visited our Platform, from which website users are redirected to our Platform were and the like. The data generated by the cookie about your use of the Platform will be transmitted to Google and stored by Google on servers in the United States.
For more information about Google Analytics cookies, visit:
- Google Analytics Help Center:
Interest Based Advertising: The third-party advertisers, ad agencies and other service providers with which we work may be members of the Network Advertising Initiative and the Digital Advertising Alliance Self-Regulatory Program for Online Behavioral Advertising. To opt out of interest-based advertising from the participating companies, please visit AboutAds.info for laptops and NAI Mobile Choices or AppChoices for mobile devices. Note that opting out through these channels does not mean you will no longer see ads and is specific to the device and browser you are using. You may still receive other types of ads from these companies, and any type of ad from nonparticipating companies.
How We Use Information
We may use the information collected for the following purposes:
- To provide, maintain and improve our Services;
- To fulfill and deliver your order, including contacting you to confirm we received your order or to update you on progress;
- To process payments;
- To provide customer service, including contacting you with regards to issues or questions with your order or answering questions from you regarding your order;
- For marketing, promotions, sweepstakes, surveys and analytics;
- To develop new products and Services;
- To protect the rights and property of WECO, our users, and others;
- To detect, prevent, and respond to fraud, abuse, and security issues;
- To comply with legal, regulatory or contractual requirements; and
- To carry out any other purpose described to you at the time the information was collected.
Communications with you in connection with our Services may be via mail, telephone, e-mail, text message, social media and other electronic messages. WECO may send you text messages using an automated telephone dialing system to the mobile phone number you have provided as a part of providing the Services. Opting into receive promotional text messages is not a requirement to buy Services from WECO, and message and data rates may apply. See “Your Choices” below to learn how to manage your communication preferences.
How We Share Information
WECO may share the information it collects about you in the following circumstances:
- Within WECO and our current and future parents, affiliates, subsidiaries and other companies under common control and ownership;
- With our trusted services providers who work on our behalf;
- With our business partners;
- With your consent, including if you intentionally interact with third-parties on our site;
- In connection with the sale, transfer or financing of a significant part of WECO business or its assets;
- When we believe in good faith that disclosure is necessary to protect our rights, protect your safety or the safety of others, investigate fraud or respond to a law enforcement request; and
- As required by law, such as in conjunction with a subpoena, government inquiry, litigation, dispute resolution or similar legal process.
How Long We Keep Information
WECO’s Services are not intended for children under 13 years of age, and we do not knowingly collect personal information from children under 13. If we learn we have collected or received personal information from a child under 13 without verification of parental consent, we will delete that information. If you believe we might have any information from or about a child under 13, please contact us at [email protected]
Transfer of Information
WECO is based in the United States and the information we collect is governed by U.S. law. By accessing or using the Services or otherwise providing information to us, you consent to the processing, transfer and storage of information in and to the U.S. and other countries, where you may not have the same rights and protections as you do under local law.
Third Party Links and Services
You can make a request to access and change your personal information we store by contacting us via email at [email protected]. To further protect privacy, these requests may be subject to identity verification.
If you would like to update your preferences, or opt out of marketing communications from us, you may do so at any time by contacting us at [email protected] or by following the opt out instructions in the marketing communications. Please note that WECO will honor your marketing opt-out preferences, but we may continue to send transactional communications related to the Services.
California “Shine The Light” Disclosure
Pursuant to California Civil Code Section 1798.83, we do not disclose information of consumers from whom we directly collect data to third parties for the third parties’ direct marketing purposes.
Changes to this Policy