You’re gonna need a big bowl for this one, peeps. This is feeling like a bowl meal, you catch our vibe? I mean, a plate works too, but this creamy coconut milk based curry is BEGGING to be scooped up with a spoon, with your rice, cauliflower, and a dollop of yogurt too. Ok, maybe scratch that, because you might not even need a spoon with that naaaaaaan. How about a little naan-flatbread-curry action? Could you, against all odds, incorporate EVERY component in each bite? Could you challenge the limits of conventional eating and make a pizza-licious curry meal? Whether you’re a plate and fork person, a bowl and spoon person, or a crazed curry fiend with visions of naan pizza, have at it! Your curry, your rules 🙂
What’s in your bag:
- Butternut squash and fingerling potato curry (with squash and potatoes from Applefield Farm!)
- Roasted cauliflower (from Kenny Farm!) + golden raisins
- Sumac yogurt
- Basmati rice
- Garlic naan
- Harissa garlic shrimp (if you ordered them!)
What you’ll need from home:
- A pot
- A saute pan
- An aluminum foil-lined sheet tray
- Salt and pepper
Total prep time: 15 minutes
The Curry (and shrimp, if you ordered those!)
- Pour the curry into a pot. Heat on medium heat, stirring occasionally, for 10-12 minutes or until warmed through. Feel free to add a splash of water and adjust to desired consistency. Season with salt and pepper to taste!
Note: If you ordered the shrimp, stir these in when your curry has 2-3 minutes left!
The Cauliflower + Naan
- Heat oven to 350 degrees
- Place cauliflower on one half of your aluminum foil-lined sheet tray and place your tray in the oven for 8-10 minutes or until warmed through.
- With 3-4 minutes left, remove your tray from the oven, add your naan and place the tray back in the oven.
- When done, top your cauliflower with your golden raisins!
Two options here:
Option #1: (Recommended) Get a saute pan hot with a teaspoon of oil over medium heat. Pop in the rice and toss ‘til hot and a little bit crispy, just a few minutes.
Option #2: Put the rice in a microwave safe bowl. Drizzle a teaspoon or two of water over it. Heat it for 2-3 minutes.
The Sumac Yogurt
Cold is the way to go!
To serve, spoon the rice on your plate and ladle the curry over. On the side, add your cauliflower and naan. Yogurt goes on the naan, or as a dollop on the curry. Enjoy!
That’s it! Dinner solved, dinner served. #weareWECO