Ok, so we need you to understand how excited we are about this dish—location: Mushroom City, population: WECO Fam. There are about a million reasons why mushrooms are awesome, and if you feel like learning about them, check out the documentary Fantastic Fungi on Netflix. We recently discovered it and it’s a game changer for shroomy appreciation. Maybe toss it on while you’re heating this up. Anyways, there’s mushrooms in the agnolotti (fancy ravioli) and mushrooms in the ragu. So just about mushrooms everywhere. We’ve incorporated two types—cremini and oyster mushrooms. Obviously this pasta dish needs to be accompanied by the essentials, Chef Theo’s gahhhlic bread and a crisp refreshing salad. Enjoy, fantastic-fungi-loving-folks!
What’s in your bag:
- Mushroom + ricotta agnolotti
- Mushroom ragu
- Parm breadcrumbs
- Chef Theo’s famous garlic bread
- Mixed greens salad
- Red wine vinaigrette
What you’ll need from home:
- 2 saucepans
- Mixing bowl
- Salt and pepper
- Optional: butter
Total prep time: 10 minutes
The Ragu + The Agnolotti
- Put on a pot of salted water to boil.
- Pour the ragu into a saucepan over medium heat. Add butter if it fits your vibe—this helps to make the sauce a little bit more indulgent.
- Heat the sauce until warmed—about 4-5 minutes.
- Once the water is boiling, drop in the agnolotti, let them cook until they float for a minute or so—a total of about 6 minutes.
- Reserve about a cup of pasta water for thinning out the ragu.
- Strain the agnolotti.
- Use the reserved pasta water from the agnolotti to thin out the ragu if you feel it needs it—your call!
- Throw the mixed greens into a mixing bowl.
- Drizzle the red wine vinaigrette. Season with S+P
- Toss toss toss!
The Garlic Bread
- Easiest of them all! Put the garlic bread in a 375 oven or toaster until it reaches your desired level of crispiness.
To serve, toss the agnolotti with the ragu and pour into a bowl. Salad’s on the side, garlic bread wherever you want—we’d suggest on the side of the pasta bowl for scooping ease. Enjoy!
That’s it! Dinner solved, dinner served. #weareWECO